Col. Charles M. Biography

Submitted by Alice Warner

Author: Howe

Col. Charles M. Thruston, a patriotic clergyman of the Episcopal denomination,
who became an officer of the revolutionary army, resided for many years on a
beautiful farm in this county, called Mount Sion, one mile above the Shenandoah.
For a biographical sketch, see Gloucester County.[[Will also be in the archives]].
Four miles NE of Millwood is the "Old Chapel," built in 1796, in which the Rt.
Rev. Wm. Meade, Bishop of the Episcopal church in Va., officiated for many
years. It is a venerable looking stone edifice, partly in a grove, and has
adjoining it a grave-yard, in which lie buried many respectable people of the
neighboring country.

Additional Comments:
From "Historical Collections of Virginia, by Henry Howe, 1845."

VAGenweb

 

Clarke County, Virginia

 

usgenweb